English Classes Information Session (ESOL)
Learn about free English (ESOL) classes available to you. Learn about all of the great resources that come with being a student at the Cambridge Community Learning Center!
10am – 11am
This is a recurring event and is coming up on 6:30am – 7:30am and 7:30pm – 8:30pm.
.: 10:30am – 11:30am, 7:30pm – 8:30pm, and 10:30am – 11:30am.
People can join the classes if there is space
Ages Young Adult to Senior Adult.
Register over the phone
You can also call us to take the test over the phone.
- Sign-up is ongoing
The sessions are 30 minutes – 1 hour. You can also call us at 617-349-6363 to find out more.
To register in advance:
- Only virtual (online or over the phone).
Classes will be taught online using Zoom. Students who need technology support can set up meetings at the Community Learning Center in Central Square and North Cambridge.
Classes are online at this time. Students will need a computer to participate. For those who do not have regular access to a computer, it is possible to borrow Chromebooks through our program. Please contact us for more specific information about accessing technology.
Do you want to learn to speak, read and write English? The Community Learning Center can help you!
- 26 English classes available for Cambridge residents
- 6 levels of English classes (ESOL), including basic literacy
- Students from over 65 countries
- 10-month minimum study
- Classes meet 2 or 3 times a week
- 2 locations, Central Square: 5 Western Avenue
North Cambridge: 286 Rindge Avenue
Students in English classes have free access to:
- A tutor
- A career advisor
- An education advisor
- Citizenship classes
- Conversation classes
- Basic computer classes
- Support with disabilities
• Morning classes are 2 or 3 mornings a week, between 9 AM and 12 noon.
• Evening classes are 2 nights a week, between 6:15 PM and 9:15 PM.