English Classes Information Session (ESOL)
Learn about free English (ESOL) classes available to you. Learn about all of the great resources that come with being a student at the Cambridge Community Learning Center!
10:30am – 11:30am
This is a recurring event and is coming up on 7:30pm – 8:30pm, 6:15pm – 7:30pm, and 9:30am – 11am.
.: 10:30am – 11:30am, 7:30pm – 8:30pm, 10:30am – 11:30am, 10am – 11am, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, 7:30pm – 8:30pm, 10:30am – 11:30am, 10:30am – 11:30am, and 10:30am – 11:30am.
People can join the classes if there is space
Ages Young Adult to Senior Adult.
Register over the phone
You can also call us to take the test over the phone.
- Sign-up is ongoing
The sessions are 30 minutes – 1 hour. You can also call us at 617-349-6363 to find out more.
Sign up by clicking the date you want below:
- Wednesday, July 14, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Thursday, August 5, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Wednesday, August 11, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
September information sessions are in-person. They will be held onsite at 5 Western Avenue in Central Square, Cambridge. You can sign up by calling 617-349-6363. The day and time of the sessions are:
- Thursday, September 2, 6:15 PM – 7:30PM
- Friday, September 3, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Both in-person and virtual (online or over the phone).
Summer information sessions are held online. September information sessions will be held in-person at our school in Central Square, Cambridge. Join an information session to find out how you can sign up for classes.
In the fall, some classes will be in-person at our school. Others will be held online.
Do you want to learn to speak, read and write English? The Community Learning Center can help you!
- 26 English classes available for Cambridge residents
- 6 levels of English classes (ESOL), including basic literacy
- Students from over 65 countries
- 10-month minimum study
- Classes meet 2 or 3 times a week
- 2 locations, Central Square: 5 Western Avenue
North Cambridge: 286 Rindge Avenue
Students in English classes have free access to:
- A tutor
- A career advisor
- An education advisor
- Citizenship classes
- Conversation classes
- Basic computer classes
- Support with disabilities
• Morning classes are 2 or 3 mornings a week, between 9 AM and 12 noon.
• Evening classes are 2 nights a week, between 6:15 PM and 9:15 PM.