Scan and Go Tax Help Clinic: Just-A-Start
We provide free tax preparation for people who make less than $56k a year. We have a remote tax option and an in-person service.
.: 5pm – 8pm, 9am – 12pm, 5pm – 8pm, 9am – 12pm, 5pm – 8pm, 9am – 12pm, 5pm – 8pm, 9am – 12pm, 5pm – 8pm, 9am – 12pm, 5pm – 8pm, 9am – 12pm, 5pm – 8pm, 5pm – 8pm, 9am – 12pm, 5pm – 8pm, 1pm – 3pm, 1pm – 3pm, 6pm – 8pm, 1pm – 3pm, 6pm – 8pm, 1pm – 3pm, 6pm – 8pm, 1pm – 3pm, 6pm – 8pm, 6pm – 8pm, 1pm – 3pm, 6pm – 8pm, and 6pm.
Physical site: starting May 26th
Remote assistance: now until July 15th, appointment-only as needed.
Call us at 617-918-7525 and leave a voicemail with your name, contact information, and stating that you are seeking tax assistance OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Just-A-Start's Tax Help Clinic is first-come, first-serve site, no appointment necessary. Our IRS-trained volunteers focus on maximizing tax credits and are trained to handle a variety of tax situations. Our in-person service consists of an intake/interview with the taxpayer and scanning documents. Once this is complete, the taxpayer can leave, and we will complete the tax return and finish everything up remotely through email.
WEARING A MASK TO THE PHYSICAL SITE IS A REQUIREMENT FOR USING THE SERVICE.
In addition to the physical site, Just-A-Start will be doing remote tax preparation through July 15th.
Please note that you must have:
- Internet connection
- A working email address
- An internet connected device with a camera (ie. smartphone, laptop with camera)
- Tax related documents:
- Photo identification (required)
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Letter (required)
- W2 Forms from all jobs in 2019.
- All 1099 Forms.
- Bank account and routing numbers (for direct deposit).
- Proof of Health Insurance (1095A, 1095B, or 1095C; and MA 1099HC).
- Tuition and/or student loan interest forms (1098T, 1098E).
- Other documents specified by the Intake and Interview Process.
- Any mail from the IRS or Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
402 Rindge Ave
Cambridge, MA 02141
- No transportation provided.
Contact us for more information.
No application or registration needed.