A Taste of the Caribbean with Chef Malcolm Green
Cambridge Public Library is excited to welcome back Cambridge native and Master Chef Season 4 contestant, Malcolm Green!
.: 6:30pm – 8pm.
Ages 18 and Adult and Senior Adult.
Help & Information Desk
- Sign-up is ongoing
- Only virtual (online or over the phone).
If you joined Chef Malcolm back in February for Essentials of African American, you know your taste buds are in for a treat. Chef Malcolm will be honoring his Jamaican roots in this virtual cooking demo with one of his favorite dishes, Stew Fish.
To make this deliscious meal you will need:
- 2lbs Fish (Chef Malcolm will be using Red Snapper - yes, the head will be included! You can use what you like, salmon and cod do well with this dish)
- 1 large Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 large Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 Scotchbonet Pepper (optional, depends on your comfort with spice/heat)
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 1 whole Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Curry Powder
- Plantain (sweet or regular)
- Salt & Pepper
Gather up you taste testers and come cook with Malcolm!
Registration is required. Zoom link will be sent out 3hrs prior to the event.
Malcolm Green is just a kid from Cambridge who became a man of many trades. Born and raised in The Port (Market Street to be specific) by a single Jamaican immigrant mother. His passion for cooking came from watching his mother work hard all day then come home and cook immaculate meals. Malcolm began learning how to cook at an early age from joining his mother in the kitchen when she prepared meals for him and his sister. During his quest to make the perfect omelet, Malcolm realized cooking for others was his calling. Now, Malcolm uses his skill sets to promote healthy living through fitness and meal prep with his catering company, Malia's Catering (named after his daughter).