BioBuilder Project Development Studio
The Project Development Studio allows teams of high school students to further pursue a biodesign that might change the world.
This program runs during the school year.
The Project Development Studio will be offered on a rolling basis throughout the academic year. Teams may request to join at any time between these dates:
- Earliest start date: October 13, 2020
- Latest start date: March 5, 2021
Ages 15 to 18.
Grades 9th grade through 12th grade.
- Sign-up is ongoing
Please complete the Request to Join to receive the registration link.
- Fee per team (max. 10 students/team) = $400.00
- Additional consultation hours = $50.00/hr (4-hour minimum)
- Free for some residents
Through a grant from the City of Cambridge, BioBuilder is able to provide this program at NO COST for up to 5 teams from Cambridge schools this academic year.
The program serves people at their homes or wherever it is needed or online.
- Only virtual (online or over the phone).
Differing from years past, we've repurposed the resources from our BioBuilderClub program to provide follow on support to teams who want to further pursue their BioBuilderClub or Idea Accelerator projects. The PDS provides students with the ability to connect with like-minded students, and develop skills in project planning and execution, professional level research and communication, and can be a wonderful way to explore careers in bioengineering.
This program is intended for high school teams who have either:
- Completed the Idea Accelerator series, OR
- Participated in previous years as a BioBuilderClub team.
The Development Studio provides teams with:
- Ten (10) hours of consultation and feedback on project ideas and assistance with continuation of the design process, from a dedicated Expert Consultant (a practicing bioengineer from the BioBuilder network);
- An electronic copy of the BioBuilder textbook;
- The opportunity to present their work through the virtual Final Assembly, and an opportunity to document their work in BioBuilder’s Project Library.