Broad Summer Scholars Program
The Broad Summer Scholars Program (BSSP) invites high school students with a strong interest in science to spend six weeks at the Broad Institute.
This program runs during the summer.
Application deadline: January 21, 2022
Program dates: June 27-August 5, 2022
Ages: 16 and 17.
Grade 11th grade.
- -Be a rising senior in high school (i.e. students can apply their junior year)
- -Attend a high school in MA within commuting distance to the Broad
- -Have earned a B or better in science and math classes
- -Demonstrate excitement for science! No previous research experience is required.
- -Be a US citizen, permanent resident, or non-US citizen with DACA
- -Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by the program's start date, in accordance with Broad Institute policy. The Broad will allow limited exemptions to this requirement, including for medical or religious reasons.
- -Be available for the entire 6-week duration of the program. Students cannot be enrolled in other courses or programs, or commit to other employment, during program hours.
- Sign-up is ongoing
- No cost to apply or attend
- $3,420 stipend
- In-person only.
415 Main Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
Partial reimbursement provided for transportation costs
The Broad Summer Scholars Program (BSSP) invites highly motivated high school students with a strong interest in science to spend six weeks at the Broad Institute. We match students with Broad scientists to conduct original, cutting-edge research projects in areas such as: cancer biology, psychiatric disease, chemical biology, computational biology, infectious disease, and more. In addition to original research, students will get to explore scientific careers; attend interesting scientific talks; present their research to the Broad community in a scientific poster session; attend a college fair; participate in fun social events; and meet other students who share similar interests.