Cambridge Energy-Savings Programs
Our City programs connect renters, homeowners and landlords to resources that help save money on their utility bills while also addressing climate change through renewable energy and efficiency.
This is an ongoing program.
Cambridge residents only.
- Sign-up is ongoing
Some programs provide resources for free. All assessments and information are free to everyone. Most programs help you save money on your existing bills and are free if you are eligible. Some programs require the cost of purchasing something that helps you save money over time.
- Financial Aid and/or Scholarship Available
- Free for some residents
The program serves people at their homes or wherever it is needed or online.
- Both in-person and virtual (online or over the phone).
Through the City of Cambridge, the Community Development Department, and a wide range of nonprofit and corporate partners, the Cambridge Energy Alliance offers many free and low-cost programs to help renters, landlords, homeowners, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations secure trustworthy, clean, and energy efficient resources. This list contains links in the titles that will lead you to more information and ways to signup for these programs.
- Utility Bill Helpline & Checkup: call us for help reviewing your utility bills, get rid of harmful suppliers, and find the best energy savings programs for you.
- Renewable Energy Programs: these programs help reduce the cost of renewable energy resources that help you contribute clean energy to the New England electricity grid.
- Rooftop Solar - helps you receive and compare quotes for adding solar panels to your rooftop through an online tool (Sunny Cambridge's EnergySage Solar Marketplace).
- Community Solar - helps reduce your electricity bill even if you don't own your roof by supporting solar power from outside sources.
- Income Eligible Community Solar - if you're a low-income qualified resident, you can signup to save 25% on solar energy credits applied to your monthly electricity bill.
- Solar Hot Water - provides information and access to save money on purchasing a solar hot water system that reduces your water heating bill.
- 100% Renewable Electricity - a program that allows residents and businesses to support new solar energy projects that provide 100% renewable energy.
- Electrify Cambridge: connects residents with educational information and vetted, local contractors to help you upgrade to energy efficient, cost effective air source heat pumps or hot water heating systems.
- Community Electricity Program: offers residents the potential for savings by supporting local renewable energy projects.
- Low-Income Energy Programs: if you qualify for one of the City's low income programs, we can help you connect to other energy-efficient and cost-saving programs provided to help residents with their home and utility needs.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: these resources can help you evaluate ways to save energy and money on your utility bills.
- 1-4 Unit Energy Assessments (renters, landlords, and homeowners) - a free assessment that helps identify the best energy-savings programs and resources for your situation.
- 5+ Unit Energy Assessments (landlords and building owners) - a free assessment that helps identify the best energy-savings programs and resources for your property.
- Small Business Energy Assessments - a free assessment that helps identify the best energy-savings programs and resources for your place of business.
- Information Resources: learn about tips, tricks, do-it-yourself projects, educational materials for children, and environmental news in our communities.
Whether you are a renter, landlord or homeowner, we can help you save money and make your home more comfortable through a no-cost home energy assessment.