Cambridge Recreation Summer Basketball
Our co-ed basketball leagues are for children ages 8-14, with evening meals included, running July and August.
This program runs during the summer.
Leagues begin the week of July 5th and run through mid-August. Championships are held between August 14th-18th. Each day play time varies by league, generally between 5:30 PM - 8:15 PM.
Ages: 8 to Young Adult.
Cambridge residents only.
Leagues are organized by age and/or grade levels as follows:
- Girls ages 11 & under play in the Medina Dixon Instructional Basketball League.
- Co-ed ages 8–11 play in the Davonte Neal Instructional League.
- Co-ed ages 9–13 play in the Sharif Moustafa Instructional League.
- Boys ages 12–14 or Grades 6th–8th play in the Fast Break League.
- Boys ages15–19 or Grades 9th–12th+ play in the Eurie Stamps Senior League.
- Sign-up is ongoing
Return completed applications to:
- War Memorial Recreation Center Front Desk (1640 Cambridge Street),
- Department of Human Service Programs c/o Recreation Department (51 Inman Street, 3rd Floor)
- Gold Star Pool Front Desk (123 Berkshire Street).
Applications and a $10.00 registration fee (paid by check or money order to the "City of Cambridge").
- In-person only.
61 Willow Street
Cambridge, MA 02141
600 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
12 Gilmore Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
- Medina Dixon League = Mondays & Wednesdays at Donnelly Field (Fulkerson Street).
- Davonte Neal League = Mondays & Wednesdays at Sennott Park (behind Moses Youth Center).
- Sharif Moustafa League = Tuesdays & Thursdays at Flacken Field (near Fresh Pond Gold Course).
- Fast Break League = Tuesdays & Thursdays at Hoyt Field (off Western Avenue).
- Eurie Stamps Senior League = Wednesdays & Fridays at Hoty Field (off Western Avenue).