Cambridge Youth Programs Afterschool
We offer safe and fun programming for pre-teens and middle schoolers to connect with peers, build leadership skills, and explore a range of enriching activities in an inclusive environment.
This program runs during the school year.
- Gately, Frisoli, Moore, Russell Centers runs 2:00-6:00PM (4th - 8th graders).
- Moses Teen programming runs 2:30-9:30PM.
- All Centers provide teen (9-12th grades) from 6:30-9:30PM
Ages: 9 to Young Adult.
Grades 4th grade through 12th grade.
Cambridge residents only.
Moses Youth Center school year only accepts grades 9 - 12th.
Gately, Frisoli, Moore, Russell Centers accept 4th - 8th graders (and evening teen programs).
- Specific dates
The link to the application will is available at www.cambridgema.gov/AfterschoolLottery (This application applies to DHSP Childcare Afterschool, Community Schools, and CYP Youth Center Pre-Teen/Middle School programs).
- Families can also access FAQs, multilingual resources, and information about transportation and tuition on this website.
- Step-by-step application instructions are also availble at https://www.cambridgema.gov/-/media/Files/DHSP/Afterschool/2023/HowToApply.pdf (attached above).
In-person help with filling out the application is available
- We will be offering application support at 51 Inman, Frisoli Youth Center, and Gately Youth Center during the application period. Please visit www.cambridgema.gov/AfterschoolLottery for details
Families who are currently enrolled have the option of re-enrolling in the same site for the 2023-2024 school year
- If families are interested in this option, they still need to fill out an application. Families will use the same application to apply for each of their children.
- If families would like to apply to a different site or program, they need to fill out an application. Their child(ren) will be entered in the lottery and will not have a placement preference
All decisions will be shared during the week of June 19th when you will be notified whether your child has a seat in an afterschool program or has been placed in the waiting pool.
Sliding scale based on household income:
- $5 - $300 weekly for 4th and 5th graders.
- Free for 6th-8th graders.
- $25/year for grades 9-12
Some financial aid and scholarships are available for teens (grades 9-12)
- Financial Aid and/or Scholarship Available
- Sliding scale based on income
- Free for some residents
- In-person only.
61 Willow St.
Cambridge, MA 02141
70R Rindge Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140
12 Gilmore St
Cambridge, MA 02139
680 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
243 Harvard Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Translation services available - Contact the organization for more details..
Rising 4-8th graders enjoy a variety of fun activities, including sports and visual arts. They learn about healthy living and develop leadership skills, with a focus on connecting with peers and younger youth.
All sites have a teen program from 6:30PM - 9:30PM.
Teens have the option to participate in paid internships all year round.
Program continues to run during February vacation and April vacation.