Center for Early Relationship Support® (CERS)
We promote the earliest parent-child relationships by helping parents manage the care of a new baby.
This is an ongoing program.
Contact us for more information about when our services are offered.
Ages: Pre-natal and Infant and Adults.
Our programs are primarily for infants and their adult parents. Please contact us with questions about eligibility for specific programs.
- Sign-up is ongoing
Please contact us for more information about how to sign up for specific services.
Contact us for more information.
The program serves people at their homes or wherever it is needed or online.
- Only virtual (online or over the phone).
At the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS), our services are designed to meet the many complex needs of families in the first years of their child's life. They are grounded in the knowledge that nurturing parental strengths within a caring community promotes secure infant-parent attachments. We serve families of all cultures and religions with:
- Adoption Resources - assisting individuals and couples pursuing adoption.
- Early Connections/Conexiones Tempranas - therapeutic interventions fostering nurturing and resilient parent-child relationships.
- Fragile Beginnings - direct support, education, resources, and connections to other families for parents of premature infants and other NICU infants.
- Healthy Families - for first-time pregnant and/or parenting adults age 23 and under.
- Infant-Parent Training Institute - integrated clinical and theoretical training in infant mental health.
- Parent Consultations - helping parents navigate the latest information on parenting.
- Project NESST - free services to address the impact of substance use and trauma on parents’ mental health, the early parent-child relationship, and infant development.
- Sleep Consultations - provides information, guidance, and support for families facing sleep challenges.
- Support Groups - free support groups with safe, nurturing spaces for parents with babies (birth to 1 year) to give and receive support, ask questions, and build community.
- Lauren & Mark Rubin Visiting Moms - a free service that matches trained, visiting volunteers with new moms or dads during the first year of their baby’s life.
*Please note that CERS is still accepting referrals and following up on them virtually during the COVID-19 situation. All consultations, meetings, and visits are conducted by phone or video chat.