Help the City decide how to spend part of a our public budget.
This is an ongoing program.
The 2020 PB cycle will run from September-December 2020 and include the following key phases:
1) Planning and recruitment of a volunteer OUTREACH COMMITTEE consisting of residents and representatives from local nonprofit and community-based organizations.
2) Community members brainstorm and submit IDEAS about how to spend money to improve Cambridge.
3) Volunteer Budget Delegates research and prioritize ideas, ultimately developing final PROPOSALS for the PB ballot.
4) City staff vet proposals for FEASIBILITY and COST.
5) Residents VOTE on which projects they’d like the City to fund.
6) RESULTS are announced and winning projects are included in the City’s FY20 capital budget.
7) Winning projects are IMPLEMENTED.
Ages 12 to 18 and Adult.
No application or registration needed.
Contact us for more information.
The program location changes over time.
The City hopes that Participatory Budgeting will directly involve residents in the budgeting and city-building process, foster civic engagement and community spirit, and help ensure that the way the City spends its money reflects the thoughts and feelings of Cambridge community members.