Cambridge Youth Programs (CYP) Summer
By DHSP Cambridge Youth Programs
We offer safe, fun, and affordable summer programs for pre-teens and middle schoolers to connect with peers, build leadership skills, and explore enriching activities in an inclusive environment.
Wednesday, July 5 – Friday, August 18
Every weekday 8:30am - 5:30pm. All programs are divided into the following four sessions:
Mini-session: July 5 - 7
Session 1: Week 1 and 2 (July 10-21)
Session 2: Weeks 3 and 4 (July 24 – August 4)
Session 3: Weeks 5 and 6 (August 7 – August 18)
Ages: 9 to 14.
Grades 4th grade through 8th grade.
Cambridge residents only.
To be eligible to CYP Summer Programs, applicants must be Cambridge residents entering Grades 4 through 8 in September 2023.
Frisoli Youth Center Director
Gately Youth Center Director
Center Director, Moore Youth Center
Moses Youth Center Director
Russell Youth Center Director
Please contact the DHSP Front Desk for all general questions about programming or the lottery application.
- Specific dates
Community Schools and CYP Summer Programs Application Page.
Sign up begins on Monday, February 13th. Applications will be posted on the City Website and be available on this page shortly afterwards.
- Programs will be filled by lottery system. Priority will be given to applicants from low-income households.
- Applications will be submitted online through the City’s Viewpoint platform.
- Families who need help with their application can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-349-6200.
13 year-olds are FREE. For families that pay, weekly sessions cost $18 - $600 for all others depending on income, household size, and the type of session. See the Summer Tuition Chart for sliding scale attached.
- Sliding scale based on income
- Free for some residents
- In-person only.
680 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
61 Willow St.
Cambridge, MA 02141
12 Gilmore St
Cambridge, MA 02139
70R Rindge Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140
- Discovery Program at Russell Youth Center: Rising 4-8th graders explore their interests and express themselves through performing and visual arts, science exploration, sports, and other fun activities!
- Empowerment Program at Frisoli Youth Center: Rising 4-8th graders build confidence, self-esteem, and community in an environment inclusive of all gender identities. Activities include volleyball, swimming, arts, science, and more!
- Sports Leadership Academy at Moore Youth Center: Rising 4-8th graders learn, practice, and develop skills for a variety of sports, including soccer, basketball, swimming, tennis, and more! In addition to athletics, programming focuses on enrichment, academics, and leadership building.
- Middle School Summer Program at Gately Youth Center: Rising 6-8th graders enjoy a variety of fun activities, including sports and visual arts. They learn about healthy living and develop leadership skills, with a focus on connecting with peers and younger youth.
Last updated March 17, 2023.