Early Childhood Education Career Training Program
This is a free program to help people prepare for a career in early childhood education.
This is an ongoing program.
Ages: 18 and Adults.
To participate, candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Have high school diploma or GED
- Complete a criminal background check
- Sign-up is ongoing
All applicants must attend an information session. Visit the Community Learning Center website to find out when the next information session will be held.
- In-person only.
- Weekly classes at Cambridge Community Learning Center (CLC)
- Internship sites in Cambridge
CLC is in Central Square. No onsite parking. There are paid lots and parking meters in the area.
This program prepares participants to earn their national Child Development Associate®️ (CDA) credential. It includes:
- An online course to guide you through the CDA process and build skills working with young children
- A paid internship in an early childhood center*
- Coaching from a CDA advisor
- Assistance with resume preparation and job search
*Individuals who already work in an early childhood center can apply for a scholarship. Contact Emily Callejas for more information at email@example.com.