Work Force at CSUS
By Cambridge Housing Authority
We are a comprehensive after-school educational enrichment and work-readiness program for preteens in Cambridge public housing.
This is an ongoing program.
Monday, July 3 – Thursday, August 10
- CSUS Work Force Summer Program meets 8:30 AM-12:30 PM.
- CSUS Work Force School Year Program meets 3:00-6:00PM (October - June). No programming on holidays and vacation days.
Ages: 11 and 12.
Grades 6th grade and 7th grade.
- All Programs: Preference will be given to families in Cambridge Housing Authority developments, in leased housing, or in a free/reduced lunch programs, though any family can apply regardless of housing or income status. Priority also given to CSUS Scholars and students attending CSUS in the Fall 2023.
- School Year Program: Students are eligible in 6th or 7th grade while attending CSUS.
- Summer Program: Current 5th and 6th graders are eligible if they will enter 6th or 7th grade the following school year.
CSUS Work Force
- Specific dates
Monday, February 20 – Saturday, May 20
Work Force Summer Program Applications Page.
- Summer Program: registration runs mid-February to mid-May.
- School Year Program: registration starts over the summer and runs until all spots are filled (usually in October).
- Summer Program: Work Force pays $150 to all participants that complete the entire six weeks of the program.
- In-person only.
840 Cambridge St.
Cambridge, MA 02141
We meet on the 2nd Floor!
Translation services available - Contact the organization for more details..
The CSUS program runs paid workshops focusing on social-emotional health, college life, and work life. Some of our activities during the summer program includes: Themed Weeks, Music, Science, Community Building, Art & Basketball.
Holistic in design, the program provides participants with sustained networks of learning and support over a critical time in their life: our CSUS program supports 6th and 7th graders with case management, academic support, and post secondary and employment exploration. There is also the option to continue with the traditional Work Force program that serves students in 8th grade - 12th grade.
Last updated February 24, 2023.