Youth on Fire Drop-In Center for Teens
This is a program that provides a drop-in center for homeless and street-involved youth, ages 14-24, in Harvard Square, Cambridge.
This is an ongoing program.
• Monday – Wednesday: 11:00 am – 5:45 pm
• Thursday: Appointments Only
• Friday: 11:00 am – 5:45 pm
Ages: 14 to Young Adult.
We serve ages 14-24
No application or registration needed.
- In-person only.
1 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
The primary goals of Youth on Fire are to:
- Respond to the basic and urgent needs of homeless and street-involved young adults at highest risk of communicable diseases and victimization.
- Connect homeless and street-involved youth to age-appropriate services including on-site behavioral health and medical care through strengths-based case management.
- Create safe and supportive relationships and a sense of community through activities, events and groups
- Partner with community and civic organizations, local businesses, public officials and advocacy groups to address the short and long-term effects of youth homelessness.
YOF provides a broad spectrum of vital services, supports and opportunities based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Positive Youth Development principles. Core elements of YOF’s three-tiered service delivery system include the following:
Tier 1 Services: a) hot meals; b) showers; c) laundry; d) lockers; e) voice-mail and phone; and f) computers in a safe and welcoming drop-in center.
Tier 2 Supports: a) behavioral health services; b) medical care; c) HIV, STI and viral hepatitis screenings; d) housing search; e) enrollment in health insurance and benefits; f) educational workshops; and g) supported referrals for other self-identified needs.
Tier 3 Opportunities: a) Peer Outreach and Education program; b) Youth Advisory Board; c) Speaker’s Bureau; d) art and talent shows; e) Hiring Committee; and f) Community Give Back Days, in which members clean up the surrounding neighborhoods of Youth on Fire and Harvard Square.