Sign Up for English Class (ESOL)
Sign up for free English (ESOL) classes and take a placement test. Learn about our programs and the resources that come with being a student at the Cambridge Community Learning Center!
Monday, August 22 9:30am – 11:30pm
People can join the classes if there is space
Cambridge residents only.
Register over the phone
- Sign-up is ongoing
Click here to register for all sessions.
Or, call 617-349-6363.
All sessions are in-person at 5 Western Avenue (Central Square). You can click on the link above to sign up for any registration session. These are:
Thursday, July 21, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Wednesday, July 27, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Wednesday, August 22, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Tuesday, August 16, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Registration is required to attend ESOL signup. You should NOT attend if you are feeling sick.
- In-person only.
5 Western Ave
Cambridge, MA 02138
Do you want to learn to speak, read and write English? The Community Learning Center can help you!
We offer in-person and hybrid classes for Cambridge residents.
- 26 English classes available for Cambridge residents
- 6 levels of English classes (ESOL), including basic literacy
- Students from over 65 countries
- 10-month minimum study
- Classes meet 2 or 3 times a week
- 2 locations, Central Square: 5 Western Avenue
North Cambridge: 286 Rindge Avenue
Students in English classes have free access to:
- A tutor
- A career advisor
- An education advisor
- Citizenship classes
- Conversation classes
- Basic computer classes
- Support with disabilities
• Morning classes are 2 or 3 mornings a week, between 9 AM and 12 noon.
• Evening classes are 2 nights a week, between 6:15 PM and 9:15 PM.