Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program (MSYEP)
By Office of Workforce Development (OWD)
We offer summer jobs to Cambridge teens, from age 14 through the summer after they graduate high school.
This program runs during the summer.
Wednesday, July 5 – Friday, August 11
Times vary, but most programming runs between 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM.
Ages: 14 to 18.
Cambridge residents only.
Students must prove that they are eligible to work in the U.S. Priority is given to lower income youth.
For Trax Application Help
Youth Employment Director
- Specific dates
MSYEP Trax Application Instructions (English).
MSYEP Trax Application Page (you must create a Trax Online Account if you do no…
The application for MSYEP must be completed online through a system called TraxSolutions. Program is not first-come, first served. All applicants who apply by the deadline will be considered, priority is given to lower income youth, until spots are filled. You can learn more by visiting the MSYEP webpage.
Applications steps are as follows:
- Follow the link to the MSYEP Trax Application to apply online.
- If you already have a Trax account, log-in.
- If you don't already have a Trax account, create one. Verify your email. Complete the household information.
- Add your teen child as a participant.
- Select Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program from the Activities drop down.
- Have your young person work on the MSYEP application.
- Electronically sign the MSYEP application and submit. Make sure to click "I'm not a robot!" on the following page.
- You will receive a confirmation email. All applicants are placed on the waitlist to start.
This program pays youth for participating!
The program location changes over time.
- In-person only.
Worksites and other activities are located all over the city.
This is an employment opportunity for teens, they work twenty hours/week, earning minimum wage.
Last updated April 14, 2023.