Services for Older Adults
We help aging individuals and their families navigate life transitions and changing circumstances through a variety of support services.
This is an ongoing program.
Contact us for more information about when our services are offered.
Ages Adult and Senior Adult.
Our programs are primarily for older adults and their families. Please contact us with questions about eligibility for specific programs.
- Sign-up is ongoing
Please contact us for more information about how to sign up for specific services.
Contact us for more information.
The program serves people at their homes or wherever it is needed or online.
- Only virtual (online or over the phone).
JF&CS Services for Older Adults combines compassion and expertise to help aging individuals and their families navigate life transitions and changing circumstances. These services include the following:
- Aging & Mental Health Training - we work in senior housing and in community settings and are available to educate, train, and consult with staff and older adults to address mental health issues.
- Aging Well at Home - we promote physical and mental health, community engagement, access to resources, and neighbor-to-neighbor support among older adults.
- Alzheimer's/Related Disorders Family Support - we provide information and support to individuals and families confronting changes and challenges brought on by dementia and care for the whole person by offering creative outlets and social opportunities.
- Your Elder Experts - we work with older adults and younger people living with chronic illnesses, their care partners, and families to enhance quality of life, encourage independence, and provide a safe and supportive living environment.
- Betty Ann Greenbaum Miller Center for Jewish Healing - we serve the community through training and education and provide a variety of volunteer-based and group supports.
- CJP SeniorDirect - we are a free information and referral service staffed by eldercare professionals.
- Group Adult Foster Care for Older Adults - we provide elderly or disabled clients with daily personal care assistance, meals, housekeeping, and personal emergency response services.
- Guardianship - we provide services to older adults no longer legally competent to make decisions regarding their health and welfare.
- Charlotte & Richard Okonow Parkinson’s Family Support - we specialize in helping families live as fully as possible with the many challenges of Parkinson’s disease (PD).
- Schechter Holocaust Services - we ensure that Holocaust survivors have the support they need to age with dignity while maintaining meaningful connections.
- Suicide Prevention - we provide education, training, and consultation to older adults and aging service providers to both prevent and address mental health problems that put older adults at risk for suicide.
*Please note that consultations, meetings, and visits are being conducted by phone or video chat during the pandemic.